South Scotland SNP MSP Joan McAlpine has been selected as the deputy convener of the Scottish Parliament’s Cross Party Group (CPG) on Learning Disability.
Ms McAlpine was nominated to the post because of her experience of the subject.
Commenting, Ms McAlpine said:
“I was delighted to be chosen for this role.
“Improving opportunities for people with learning disabilities is vital – which is why I support organisations like The Usual Place who do great work with young people in Dumfriesshire.
“I very much look forward to working with my colleagues across the CPG.”
- SNP Dumfries and Galloway
- Your Local SNP Branch
- Annan District Branch
- Annandale & Eskdale Branch
- Castle Douglas & Glenkens Branch
- Dalbeattie SNP
- Dumfries East, Lochar & District Branch
- Mid & Upper Nithsdale Branch
- Newton Stewart & Wigtownshire SNP
- Stranraer SNP
- West Dumfries Branch
- Your SNP MSPs
- Contact Us