Ms McAlpine highlighted research by Dog’s Trust which shows that many people believe it is fine to leave a dog in a hot car if counter-measures are taken, such as leaving a window open or parking under a tree.
In fact, under 20 minutes in a hot car can prove fatal to a dog, should its body exceed 41°C.
The SNP MSP for South Scotland warned that even on wet or cooler days, leaving a pet in the car can be dangerous.
- SNP Dumfries and Galloway
- Your Local SNP Branch
- Annan District Branch
- Annandale & Eskdale Branch
- Castle Douglas & Glenkens Branch
- Dalbeattie SNP
- Dumfries East, Lochar & District Branch
- Mid & Upper Nithsdale Branch
- Newton Stewart & Wigtownshire SNP
- Stranraer SNP
- West Dumfries Branch
- Your SNP MSPs
- Contact Us